- Get the web address of the site that you want to block. You can do this by opening your Internet browser and visiting the website. When the address appears in the bar at the top of your browser, right-click on it. From the menu that appears, select "Copy" and then close your browser.
- Click on "Start > all programs > accessories > command prompt."
- Wait for the command prompt window to open, and when it does, type in "notepad C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts".
- Wait for the Notepad program to launch, and when it does, navigate to the line that begins with "127.0.0.1 localhost." Under that line, type in "127.0.0.1" and hit the "Space bar" once. Right-click the space you've just created and select "Paste" from the menu that appears. It will then copy in the address of the website you copied earlier.
- Click on "File > save." Now, the website you added to the list will be blocked.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Following are the steps by which you can block certain website with passwords
Step 1Click Start > Control Panel > Internet Options.
Step 2Click the "Content" tab on the top toolbar and select "Parental Controls." Click "Create a New User Account." To set parental controls and block web content, you must create a new user account.
Step 3Enter the new account name and click "Create an Account." If you are creating an account for a child, enter her name.
Step 4Select "On, Enforce Current Settings" under the Parental Controls option. Click "Block Some Websites or Content." Click "Windows Vista Web Filter."
Step 5Click the "Edit the Allow and Block List" link. Enter the website address into the space bar and click "Block." Click "OK" to close.
Step 6Restart the computer. Click the new user name icon and set the password at the log on screen. A password will now be required to access the specific websites that are blocked.